How does the Urogynecology of San Antonio use robotic surgery?
Dr. Dabbous, at Urogynecology of San Antonio is committed to offering his patients the most effective treatment options available in the world of modern medicine. Utilizing minimally invasive techniques to maximize patient outcomes, Dr. Dabbous has performed over 2,500 robotic surgeries.
What is da Vinci robotic surgery?
When using the da Vinci system, the surgeon makes similar small incisions and inserts 3-4 robotic arms and an endoscope, or camera, into the surgical site. The robotic arms are very responsive to the surgeon’s hand, wrist, and finger movements. The camera provides a high-definition, 3D, real time image of the instruments inside the patient’s body. Every maneuver is under direct control of the surgeon who remains in the operating room, close to the patient and his surgical support staff.
What are the advantages?
Other advantages of the da Vinci system include:
- Smaller incisions with reduced risk of scarring
- Less Pain
- Less Blood Loss
- Faster Recovery Time
- Shorter Hospital Stays
- Decreased Risk of Infection
Procedures Dr. Dabbous performs:
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Sacrocolpopexy
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy
- Laparoscopic Pelvic Floor Reconstructive Surgery
- Laparoscopic Bladder Repairs
- Robotic sugery
- Robotic prolapse surgery
- Repair of vagina's floor
- Ureteral stent placement
- Labioplasty / Perioneoplasty
- Urogenital fistula repairs
- Incontinence (urinal & fecal)
- Mesh complications
- Sacroneuromodulation - Interstim